Save money when you switch to plastic pallets
By making the switch, not only will you have a more durable, long-life product that you can use over and over again, but it is also possible to achieve a return on investment within less than 12 months.
We are educating supply chain professionals about the significant cost savings they can achieve by switching from using wooden pallets to returnable plastic pallets.
How much can you save by switching to plastic pallets?
Over a five year period these cost savings can be as much as £189,000 when using plastic pallets instead of wooden ones. Considering plastic pallets can be used up to 10 times longer and sometimes more, these savings could more than double!
The slightly lower outlay with wooden pallets may appeal initially, but by switching to plastic pallets you are investing in your own, long-term asset that in less than 12 months will pay back dividends.
Plastic pallet ownership – the benefits
Owning and managing your own internal closed loop of plastic pallets provides you, the owner, with greater flexibility and a better return – without incurring the costs associated with renting.
Just some of the benefits include:
- Resilience – plastic pallets are hugely resilient and can be used repeatedly for often 10 years or longer, without the need for costly repairs or replacement.
- Hygienic – as plastic pallets are water-resistant and impervious to moisture, weak acids and alkalis, they can be repeatedly washed to remove airborne dust or spilt products that can accumulate over a period of time.
- Income generator – business owners can generate a revenue stream by renting the plastic pallets they own to suppliers and other partner businesses.
- Protect against loss – many of Goplasticpallets.com’s plastic pallets are available in different colours and can be branded with a company name or logo.
- Recyclable – Goplasticpallets.com has pledged to recover and recycle all of the plastic pallets and boxes it supplies to customers to ensure they are sustainably recycled.
Menzies Distribution saved money when they switched
Our customers are already reaping the benefits of operating their own internal closed loop of plastic pallets.
Just one example is Menzies Distribution who ordered 4,680 of our APB 1210 Pool Perforated 5R pallets last year.
Andrew Poskitt, Project Manager - Strategic Development, said: “The plastic pallets work seamlessly with our totes – we’ve not had any issues with them. There is also a lot less mess, as there’s no wood chip in and around the operation. As the plastic pallets have a long life span, we hope to be still using them in five, maybe even 10 years’ time.”
One year on, Andrew is still delighted with the performance of the plastic pallets. He said: “As the plastic pallets are consistent in size and weight, in the last year we’ve had very few breakages, which has allowed us to both improve productivity and save money. In fact we’ve been so impressed by the service Goplasticpallets.com has provided that we’ve since ordered some of their folding pallet boxes.”